Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Whale Welcome Baby a Denim Cards Challenge

I've really been enjoying the CARDS Create blog challenges.  This week's challenge is denim.  

I went round and round on how to use denim in my card... At first I tried to use denim in a die- failed miserably!  Sadly, the only scrap denim I had around the house was some trouser style dressy denim... so I had to scrap that plan.  Then I decided to stamp on it.  After a few tries, here's what I came up with...
In the end, I like it way more than I thought I would.  Stitching on it was so much harder than I anticipated, so the denim panel ended up a little wacky, but I like the imperfectness (if that's a word) of it.  
 I would have loved to use my white enamel accents on the hears, but my precious 13 month old daughter had them in her hands last night and I have NO idea where they are now.   To make matters worse, I saw them in her hands when we were outside...

2 comments:

Kayleen said...

very cute. I saw the white enamel in your garage. :)

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I love what you created Heather! So cute and the stamped on top worked out really well!