Monday, January 2, 2012

Tremendous Treats: Airplane

The entire reason why I had to buy Papertrey Ink's Tremendous Treats: Valentine is for the airplane.  

Aviation is a huge part of my family.  HUGE.
My grandfather was a pilot for Lockheed Martin and the CIA, my mother is a private pilot, and then half of my in-laws, my husband and myself all work in the aircraft manufacturing business.  

So, when I saw this airplane, I gasped. 
Then, when I saw Maile's card here my jaw literally hit the floor.  
It could be my favorite card ever.  

I wanted to do something similar because I love those clouds.  
So, here's what I did...
 Instead of popping all the clouds up with dimensional adhesive, I used the cloud dies to create some negative die cut clouds and then popped one up on top.  I love how this looks in person. 
I decided to paper piece my airplane because who cute is that red polka dot airplane?!?!?
Then, I finished it off with the coordinating sentiment from Tiny Treats: Valentine.  

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

*Alison* said...

what an adorable card.. love the polka dots :) hugs

Judy1223 said...

This is adorable...LOVE that little paper-pieced airplane!