Sunday, November 17, 2013

JFF: Merry & Bright

Hi friends!  I'm stopping in with a card I made just for fun!  Yay!  

I don't know bout you but I'm really getting into the holiday spirit!   I really like to celebrate each of the holidays individually, which means I wait to decorate the house for Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving.  That definitely does not apply to my craft room however... 

Here's my card, I used the new Wplus9 Merry & Bright set to create this card and also created my own banner to match the sentiment.
First I stamped the Hero Arts Envelope pattern on white cardstock.  I love this for giving the appearance of dimension while still keeping a flat stamping surface.  Then I drew a circle on my card to give me an idea of where I'd be stamping my wreath. 
Next I die cut 3 banners, I'm only showing two here, but I promise we'll get to the third later. :)
Then I stamped my sentiment masking the top or lower part of the sentiment so I could have each line on a separate banner. I could have just cut it apart carefully but in cases like this where I know 99% of the time I'll stamp the entire sentiment together at one, I like to mask instead of cutting. 
With my sentiment stamped, I trimmed each banner down to 2.75" in length and then used my We R Memory Keepers Corner Rounder to round the corners of the banner to a 1/8" radius.   They make this tool in both 1/4" & 1/2" as well as the 3/8" and 1/8".  I use this  3/8" and 1/8" corner rounder all of the time.  I love the extremely small 1/8" radius.  I'm obsessed with this tool.  Yes, if I could only take 10 items with me this would be one of them. 
With the banners are done and positioned about where I wanted, it was time to stamp the wreath.  To create the wreath, I started on one end and worked my way in.
Once I had my wreath stamped, I went in and added some glitter with my Wink of Stella Glitter pen.  Oh my gosh, I love this thing! 
Before adhering my banner with dimensional adhesive, I took that third banner that I had die cut originally but didn't use and stamped a background pattern using Avery Elle Texture Tiles: Be Cool to give the back side of the banner some color.  I just positioned it about where it would look if it was wrapped.
 So fun and so easy yet soooo pretty. I love banners. Anyone else?

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Supplies:




5 comments:

Shannon J said...

Really pretty, Heather! The backdrop of the envelope pattern adds such a nice texture. And the wreath is awesome!

Cris said...

Beautiful card! I love how you made the banner, it looks perfect! Thanks for the instructions ;-)

Jingle said...

This is super pretty! I love the glitter!

Miriam Prantner said...

Perfect stamping! I love that background, and the flowers are gorgeous! I might need this set!

Beverley said...

Wow! This is stunning. Hugs. Bev x