Thursday, June 26, 2014

Aloha!

Ok, this new Avery Elle set is so cool. 
It's the new Avery Elle Surf's Up set.  I love the surf boards and the palm tree and the sun and the waves (which also work great for speeding air behind the van) and of course the van!
To create my card, I stamped the van, masked it, and then stamped the palm trees.  To get two different palm trees, I just bent the palm tree stamp and to get the shape I wanted!  Here's an important tip:  Don't forget to stamp your mask at the same time - before moving the shape of your palm tree!   Next, I masked everything and stamped the brushes from the Brushed set.  I love that it gives it a beachy masculine feel and I think it would be perfect for a teenager!  To finish it off I paper-pieced some of the van and added woodgrain enamel dots.  
Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing part of your day with me!  Have a great day!


5 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

I swear you are the best paper piecer ever! Fun card and I want to make one just like it. ;)

Jingle said...

Love love love love love. And, oh, yeah... Love.

Natalie said...

Love the scene you created. We just got the set in our lss. Can't wait to see all the fun projects/cards with this set!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love how you used those brush strokes in the background. Great card!

Jill said...

Eeeeeeek! Loving this! Just loving it. The background you made is just so fun and perfecto! :)