Sunday, June 15, 2014

Some news and a lot of fun!

Hello hello!  

First, some news...
I'm in the process of re-doing my craft room for the last time and finally adding a built in craft room into our home.  YAY YAY YAY!  

Until now, I've been operating in a closet.  Not joking... a closet!  I converted it to an amazing, albeit small, operating space - took out the hanging rod, added a desk and shelves for my inks.  Actually, I really loved it because I could shut the doors and the mess was concealed.  However, after overtaking my husband's desk and too many days of pulling out the folding table because I needed more room - my sweet husband decided it was time and gave me the go-ahead.  

Because of this, I've had to move everything out of my stamping room and down sized it to fit into 2 small book shelves and one roller cart in our family room downstairs.  Yikes!  This has presented quite the challenge for me - I can't find a darn thing right now and my two darling helpers have been enjoying my supplies a little too much...  Just a week or two left... 

Next, some fun...
Storybook, the Avery Elle set I drew, is back in stock!  Yay!  It's been out of stock for awhile - I'm glad so many of you have liked it.  Every time I see a card that someone makes with it, I get butterflies and giddy.  I might even squeal on occasion! 

Anyways, with my limited supplies, I thought I'd make a card to keep me in the crafty groove. 
I used my new watercolors and watercolored a background.  Then I die cut it with my Mama Elephant dies and added a duck from Storybook, the banner is from Build a Banner

Next, a discount code...
To celebrate Father's day, Ellen Hutson has a great 15% off sale in her store, you will need the code: dadsday14.  It's good till Monday, June 16th at Midnight - so hurry!   Click HERE to go shopping! 

Thanks so much for sharing part of your day with me!  Have a great one!

8 comments:

Joan B said...

As soon as I saw the EH sale I scooped up Storybook. Ever since I watched your video, I Had to have it! Your card is great and good luck on the craft room.

Miriam Prantner said...

So sweet! Love the watercolored background and I cannot wait to see the new room in all it's glory!

~amy~ said...

wahooooo for a room!!!!!!!!!
Your watercolored card is absolutely SWEET

Natalie said...

That's such cool news, getting your own space!! Yay!!
Sweet card!

Unknown said...

Love your card - just started following your blog! Your cards are really lovely! Did you design the font on your headers - is it the same as the Avery Elle ' oh happy day' set? Can you tell me the name of it?

Mary-Anne V said...

That is exciting you get your own craft space...I just love your stamp set and hope you design more. Very pretty watercoloured background.

Diana said...

I love the Storybook set. Need to get it out and make some more cards now. You inspired me. Such a darling layout. Love that little duck. Good luck with your new room!

Shannon J said...

You were creating your masterpieces in a closet?!!! Ok that makes you even more amazing! Congrats on the new room!! And super sweet card :)