Monday, June 23, 2014

I'm a guest for the Mama Elephant Operation Write Home Blop Hop

Hi everyone and YAY!  I am so excited to be joining in the fun and supporting the Mama Elephant and Operation Write Home blog hop. 

Operation Write Home is a nonprofit that sends beautiful handmade cards to our service members so that they can write home to their families. How incredible is that?!  There’s no Hallmark store in the desert, so this is a pretty important gift we can give them as crafters!

For the hop, you should have arrived here from my friend, Ashley Marcu's blog.  For the hop, we're playing with the new In My Heart stamp set.
Just adorable, right? 
Let's get to the cards...  
First, I used pretty much all of my favorite dies (Cityscape, Landscape Trio, and Femme Frames) to create a little scene.  


Next, I went little more simple and create another scene, this time using a sentiment to ground the little kid.
  
The “In My Heart” set was inspired by the mission of OWH; many of those serving overseas have little kiddos at home that they write to. So the darling ladies at Mama Elephant designed cute little kids and sentiments to express just how much those little folks are missed! The drawings are done in such a way that they can be adapted to different ethnicities too, making this a really flexible set. Because Mama Elephant is so great, they're donating 20% of the proceeds of the stamp sets sold on their retail site from now until July 31st - we really want to help them fundraise for all their efforts!

Be sure you visit the OWH website and read all the guidelines carefully….you’ll learn about why glitter is dangerous to send, so leave the stickles behind when making cards for heroes! Lots more information is available on their Welcome page - tons of questions are answered there! And they have a fun YouTube show each weekday with project info, tutorials, and more - check it out HERE.


Now you're off to Operation Write Home but here's
 the entire blog hop list!
Heather Campbell http://parkermolly.blogspot.com/

35 comments:

Melissa T. said...

I love all the details on your cards! Thank you for sharing with us! :)

CraftyPaws said...

Both cards are so sweet! I esp. love that one with the cityscape in the background, coming from NYC. :) tfs and a great hop! Hugs, Kristina

Scrapthat said...

Awwwww.....I am loving all of these adorable cards! Love that you showed us two gorgeous works of Art!! TFS!

Joan K said...

Thank you for sharing not just one, but TWO sweet cards! I really like your use of the shooting star to "send" the message on the first card, and the sweet butterflies add just the right touch to the second.

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely adorable!! Love the city scape background and fun sentiment in the sky! :) TFS!

choman9912@aol.com said...

Love the simplicity of the cards. The images are the focal point. Thanks for sharing!

Joan Smith said...

Both of your cards are so super sweet and love the scenes you created and wow what awesome coloring. You are one super talented gal.

Lori Kobular said...

I love your cards! I think the butterfly and star stamps are just so darn cute on your cards! Thanks for helping OWH!

Unknown said...

That little girl is my favorite of the set. She just says I miss you!! This is a must have set for me. Thanks for helping out OWH!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet cards. Thanks for sharing.

Jingle said...

These are so fabulous! I super love your little city scene!

Christine Kiehl said...

Wonderful cards. Love the lines down the side of the second card! Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Elsie B said...

I love all the scenes you and others on the blog hop have created, and I've found some new dies. My PayPal account thanks you! :-) The way you used the sentiment to ground the little girl in the second card is clever. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Love the cityscape background. This stamp set lends itself to so many ideas! Thanks for being part of the OWH bloghop today!

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful cards :)

Sarah G said...

Great cards - love both the cityscape and super CAS designs! These cute stamps are so versatile :)

Mary-Anne V said...

what cute cards...love the soft feel of the first and the CAS design of the last.

Jannette said...

I love both cards. Great job and thanks for supporting OWH.

Robin said...

So adorable!

Christiana said...

Oh my goodness these are both so darling! I'm inspired!

Sue D said...

Cute cards. I like the scene you created on the first one.

Pam said...

Such sweet cards!

Sandy said...

These are soooooo sweet! Thanks so much for promoting OWH!! :)
Sandy

Annywz said...

Very nice scene cards, i love how both turn out!

WhoMom said...

Lovely cards. The washi tape on the side of the second adds just enough draw for the eye and letting the little girl be the focus. Your first card is so professional looking. Just outstanding.

Shannon J said...

Beyond awesome! Love every little detail in both of these...totally smitten!

Lady Fair said...

Oh my goodness, love these cards. The scenes you created are fantastic and work well with the simplistic design of the little girl image. Thanks for sharing!

Kathy S said...

Love the simplicity of your card. Really allows the focus on that little girl.

Celeste Goff said...

Your cards are just amazing! I love the bright pop of white against the kraft card stock and all of the wonderful details you added behind the focal images!

mariangel said...

beautiful cards love the city design you are so talented

wilson.marie65 said...

You're cards are so sweet... love them both and the first card..the background is amazing
good luck to everyone :)

Miriam Prantner said...

These are absolutely adorable! I especially love that first one, the cutest scene and I love the vellum!

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

I love both cards, but especially the one with the city scene. That shooting star adds the perfect touch to that one. Thanks so much for sharing these!

Bounding said...

They are both adorable but I love the one with the city scene the best. Fabulous cards.

Janet's Joy said...

Both cards are done so well!!! Adorable!